Monday, December 3, 2012

Maybelline Super Stay 10 Stain Gloss Review






Maybelline Super Stay 10 Stain Glosses




I have been wanting to do a review of this stuff for a little while now, as I feel it has gotten a bad rep (on Amazon anyway), and it's completely undeserved from my standpoint.  Personally, I LOVE this product.

The color is rich and pigmented, it glides on smoothly, and lasts and lasts if you do it right.  Now I am the sort of girl who loves bright, bold lip colors.  I feel they look amazing with all different skin shades and can make you look amazing in the less than a minute they take to apply.  Now, to be fair, I am pretty low maintenance with my lip routine.  I generally don't apply any lip liner and like to be done with the whole deal as quickly as possible (which is pretty much how I am with all makeup...I love the look of it, but I want to be done with it quickly and back to whatever I was working on).

I love the doe foot applicator that comes with these lip stains as it is rounded and allows for nice precision when applying the gloss while giving you the ability to create smooth, rounded lines for slightly fuller looking lips.







This lip stain was recommended to me by an Ulta employee when I asked for lipstick that will last a long time and also allow me to wear lip gloss over it.  I can't stand having chapped feeling lips, and I have searched high and low, tried oh so many 'long lasting' lipsticks with the hopes of being able to wear gloss over them to keep my lips moisturized.  Only to be disappointed.

The Ulta employee gave instructions to layer on the stain gloss for better lasting power, which does work.  Here is how I get this lip stain/gloss to last:  Apply 2 coats of it.  Let it dry for a good 5+ minutes while you apply the rest of your makeup.  Use lip gloss (if you need it) over it VERY gently, trying to actually touch your lips as little as possible.  Very minimally rub your lips together, if needed at all.  My favorite lip glosses to use on top of this lip stain are the Philosophy ones (I like Candy Cane and Cinnamon Buns) as they moisturize well and have little flecks of shimmer in them, but don't seem to disturb the lip stain much.  I usually have this stuff last most of a day.  It fades, of course, but tends to fade pretty evenly so the look is still nice.  The darker colors seem to be the best at antifade, whereas the lighter ones I have tried like Blissful Brown and Mauve Dream do fade more quickly.  It also takes more applications of the lighter colors to get full coverage.


So here, without further ado are the lipstain/glosses in action:




Maybelline Super Stay 10 Stain Gloss Swatches, from left to right:  Mauve Dream, Pleasing Plum, Blissful Brown, Berry Heavenly, Fresh Fuchsia




Berry Heavenly with Philosophy lip gloss on top.  
Actually looks more like a reddish pink than the pictures show.





Mauve Dream






Pleasing Plum with my Thanksgiving Day look





Fresh Fuchsia (my favorite one!)




Blissful Brown (it's...okay)



Anyway, I hope this review helps someone find a product they might love.  Because honestly, this stain gloss is pretty awesome in my honest opinion!






No comments:

Post a Comment